Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thank you readers - We reached 4,000+ views!

Gaining perspective every day, every post
 
 
50 posts later and I am starting to find my voice. I never really lost it. In fact, I am still trying to find it. I have lived so very long in a shell of my own making. It used to be a comfortable shell, one that protects me from conflict, and gives me the illusion of control. Now it suffocates me, traps me in, and makes me feel weak and uncertain. I have found that writing allows me to express myself and break out of the shell. For this to happen, I must write from the heart. I must not write what others want to hear. I get nothing from that. In fact, that kind of writing makes me not want to write anymore. It is simply writing for mass-consumption and that just doesn't come from the same place. When I speak my truth, it may not always be coherent, important or even interesting. While what I write may not resonate with a lot of people, I certainly get a lot out of it. I enjoy the process of creation, the inspection of the uncomfortable, and the thrill of diving into controversy. Maybe there are people out there that can relate.  
 
That being said, someone must be reading this. Well. You are. lol
 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment