Tuesday, September 1, 2015

For What It's Worth... or "Stop, Hey, What's That Sound?"

I feel like there are so many untold stories... I want to help bring them to life
Recently I have been curious about journalism - not just about how its done, but about actually participating as a journalist. I suppose that the idea of being a journalist appeals to me because it doesn't require me to be in any specific place. It is something that can engage my mind all day long. I might find a story anywhere or at any time. Even as I sit on this hot furgon (minivan) out here in Eastern Albania, sweating in my cheap shorts and worn out H&M tank top, the call to prayer from the local mosque wakes me from my reverie. It reminds me to pay attention to what's going on around me. I am somewhere special. When I can appreciate a moment, put it into context, it suddenly becomes more interesting. In truth, anywhere can be interesting. I feel that now. I feel it here. Let's see where this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment