Sunday, April 17, 2016

From Albania Days to Scarlet Knights


30 days left in Albania. 30 days! Crazy! The full impact of this still hasn't hit me yet, but it does come in waves. With two grant projects closing this week I am feeling a sense of relief and accomplishment. As things wind down here in the land of the eagles, I am beginning to set my sights on the future. Speaking of which... Where AM I going? What will I be doing?


Well, I may not know the future (okay, I definitely DON'T know the future) but I do have some viable prospects. So what am I doing? After a brief stay in San Francisco with my parents, I am planning to begin the next stage of my life on the East Coast. Namely - New Jersey (aka "The Garden State"). I was actually born rather close-by on Long Island, New York, but my family moved to San Francisco when I was too young to remember anything about the place. Thus this will be my chance to really see what life is like out there. Having been a west-coaster most of my life (except for the last two years in Albania...) this will be an experience.


I have decided to accept a position with Rutgers University in the Global Health Program. Quite an exciting opportunity! I will be working with nursing students to incorporate global health perspectives into their existing curriculum. There are many components in this new position, and a few are still being developed, thus I will have more details on this later. Needless to say, I am relieved to be gainfully employed yet again and helping with such an innovative initiative. One of the great perks of this position will be that I get to live near my brother and his family. I will also not be too far from many other relatives.







No comments:

Post a Comment